ATLANTA, Ga. - The 2019 ASUN Conference Women's Soccer Champions, the Lipscomb Bisons begin their journey in the NCAA Tournament on Friday, Nov. 15, with a matchup at No. 23 Louisville. Scheduled for a 5 PM CT kick-off, the match will air live on ACC Network Extra.
Before the match commences, take a look at some notes for the contest about the Bisons and their upcoming opponent who they are facing for the first time in program history. The winner of the match between the Bisons and Cardinals advances to the Second Round on Nov. 22, to face the winner of No. 2 BYU and Boise State.
2019 NCAA Women's Soccer Tournament First Round
Lipscomb at No. 23 Louisville | Friday, November 15; 5 PM CT | ACCNX
Last Match: First all-time meeting
Lipscomb vs. Louisville Game Notes
- Lipscomb is coming off its second-straight ASUN Championship after competing in its fifth-consecutive title match.
- The Bisons are 13-5-2 this season and are riding a seven-match winning streak into its NCAA Tournament First Round match.
- Lipscomb captured a win in last year's NCAA Tournament with a 1-0 double-overtime victory at Mississippi State in their first-ever postseason tournament.
- If the Bisons defeat Louisville, Lipscomb would become the first league team in ASUN history to advance in the tournament in back-to-back years.
- Only one other league team has registered multiple NCAA Tournament victories with UCF advancing in 1999 and 2004.
- All-Conference selection Maycie McKay and Molly Grant are tied for first in the league with seven assists while Scholar-Athlete of the Year Olivia Doak is third in points (25) and tied for fourth in goals (10).
- Louisville (12-4-2) enters the tournament as an at-large bid after falling in overtime to North Carolina State in the ACC Quarterfinals, 2-1.
- The Cardinals are currently ranked No. 28 in the NCAA RPI while the Bisons enter the match ranked No. 112.
- Louisville finished fourth in the ACC with a 5-3-2 record for its highest-ever finish; the Cardinals are making their sixth NCAA Championship appearance while the Bisons will compete in their second.
- On the year, Lipscomb has scored 41 goals and recorded 33 assists compared to 29 goals and 21 assists for Louisville.
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.