ATLANTA, Ga. - FGCU, Kennesaw State and North Alabama all protected its home court earning wins in Saturday ASUN Conference Women's Basketball play, while Jacksonville got a road win. The Eagles have now defeated 38 consecutive league opponents and are on a 12-game winning streak.
Today's Top ASUN Conference Performances
• Nasrin Ulel, FGCU: 33 Points (10-15 FGs; 6-7 3FGs), 4 Rebounds
• Gillian Piccolino, Kennesaw State: 25 Points (8-13 FGs; 8-8 FTs), 6 Rebounds, 2 Blocks
• Keyen Green, Liberty: 23 Points (8-12 FGs; 5-6 FTs), 9 Rebounds
• Janesha Green, North Florida: 23 Points (10-16 FGs), 9 Rebounds
• Carleigh Short, Lipscomb: 21 Points (7-10 FGs)
• Kenysha Coulson, North Alabama: 19 Points (6-9 FGs; 5-7 3FGs), 5 Rebounds, 2 Assists
• Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville: 19 Points (8-14 FGs; 3-3 FTs)
• Danielle Tunstall, NJIT: 16 Points (6-14 FGs), 14 Rebounds
Jacksonville 66, NJIT 54
- Shakayla Nevitt led all scorers with 19 points on just 14 shots to go along with three rebounds and a pair of assists for Jacksonville.
- The Dolphins are 10-0 against NJIT in a series that dates to 2016. The victory marks their fourth win in their last five games.
- The Highlanders jumped out to a 9-2 lead to start the game before the Dolphins settled in and went on their own 13-3 run to close out the first quarter.
Kennesaw State 88, Lipscomb 60
- Kennesaw State Freshman Gillian Piccolino, had a career night as she scored 25 points to go along with six rebounds while making all eight of her free-throw attempts.
- Taking a three-point lead into halftime, the Owls began to get separation in the third quarter outscoring the Bisons 24-10 and holding then to 37 percent shooting from the field.
- KSU sweeps their two-game series against Lipscomb this season after defeating the Bisons 74-66 in Allen Arena on Jan. 13.
North Alabama 86, Liberty 75
- Between the two teams, seven players reached 10-plus points with four from UNA - Kenysha Coulson (19), Ivy Wallen (18), Ansley Eubank (13) & Olivia Noah (13).
- UNA hit 13 three-pointers in the game (13-25) while Liberty shot just 17.4 from distance.
- Of the 75 points that Liberty put up, 45 came from inside the paint, outscoring the Lions by 21.
No. 24 FGCU 76, North Florida 65
- Four players reached 20-plus points led by FGCU's Nasrin Ulel (33) followed by Keri Jewett-Giles and UNF's Adrienne Jackson each with 23 points while Janesha Green added 20.
- Tytionia Adderly snagged 19 rebounds, breaking FGCU's Division-I era single-game record while adding four assists, two blocks and two steals.
- Ulel and Jackson scored the games first five baskets, four-of-five coming from distance; between the two they shot 75 percent (9-12 3FG).
Monday, Feb. 10
NJIT vs. North Florida - 7 PM (ESPN+)
Jacksonville vs. Liberty - 7 PM (ESPN+)
North Alabama vs. Lipscomb - 6 PM CT (ESPN+)
No. 24 FGCU vs. Stetson - 7 PM (ESPN+)
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.
Tweets by ASUNWBB