ATLANTA, Ga. - Kennesaw State's Alexis Poole was named the ASUN Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week while Jacksonville's Jada Perry and Stetson's Kimia Carter captured Newcomer and Freshman of the Week honors, respectively, announced by the league office Tuesday. Carter earned her third career honor, Poole collected her second while Perry secured her first.
Women's Basketball Players of the Week
Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State
Junior | Forward | Ellenwood, Ga.
- Second Career ASUN Player of the Week honor; second honor for Poole this season and 17th all-time for Kennesaw State
- Averaged 22 points, nine rebounds, 1.5 assists and one steal per game while shooting 70 percent from the field (14-20) and 16-18 (88.9) from the charity stripe in a 1-1 week for the Owls
- Totaled 25 points in her 21 minutes of play against Jacksonville, shooting 77.8 from the field (7-9) and a perfect 11-11 from the free-throw line
- Posted a double-double in the 59-56 win over North Alabama at home, her eighth double-double of the season; also tallied two steals and a block
- Scored 14 of her 19 points in the final quarter, including eight straight to cut the lead to three; made a pair of free throws to tie the game (53-53) before laying in the game-winner with 14 seconds remaining
Other Nominees: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU; Jada Perry, Jacksonville; Jazz Bond, North Florida; Megan Vincent, Stetson.
Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week
Jada Perry, Jacksonville
Junior | Forward | Lady Lake, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Newcomer of the Week award; fourth honor this season for the Dolphins and 28th all-time
- For the week, averaged 13.5 points, 9.5 rebounds, two blocks and 1.0 steal per game in a 2-0 week for Jacksonville
- Recorded a double-double in the road win over Kennesaw State with 13 points and 10 boards, just her third double-double of the season (Johnson (FL) & Jacksonville State)
- Neared another double-double with 14 points and nine boards in the 73-64 road win over Lipscomb and tallied two blocks
- Has 29 steals on the year, helping the Dolphins rank among the nation's top-10 in steals (7th; 238), SPG (7th; 12.5) and turnovers forced (7th; 22.37)
Other Nominees: Kimia Carter, Stetson.
Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week
Kimia Carter, Stetson
Freshman | Guard | Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Third Career ASUN Freshman of the Week honor; 14th all-time to be recognized for Stetson which is first in ASUN history and tied second with Mackenzie Davis for most awards won (3)
- Averaged 15.5 points, 2.0 rebounds, 2.0 assists and one steal per game while shooting 62.5 percent (5-8) from three-point range in a 1-1 week for the Hatters
- Scored a team-high 15 points against Liberty, shooting a perfect 3-3 from long distance and 4-4 from the charity stripe
- Scored 16 points against NJIT, connecting on two three-point attempts (2-4); dished out three assists in the 72-49 win
- The win over NJIT snapped a five-game drought for Stetson as they improved to 9-0 all-time against the Highlanders
Other Nominees: Da'Nasia Shaw, Jacksonville.
2019-20 Season Award Winners
Jan. 28 | Player: Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Newcomer: Jada Perry, Jacksonville; Freshman: Kimia Carter, Stetson
Jan. 21 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU & Jazz Bond, North Florida; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Jan. 14 | Player: Ivy Wallen, North Alabama; Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Da'Nasia Shaw, Jacksonville
Jan. 7 | Player: Taylor Clark, Lipscomb; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Dec. 31 | Player: Davion Wingate, FGCU; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Kimia Carter, Stetson
Dec. 23 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU; Newcomer: Jaida Bond, North Alabama; Freshman: Jaida Bond, North Alabama
Dec. 17 | Player: Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville; Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Kimia Carter, Stetson
Dec. 10 | Player: Milena Bajic, NJIT; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Kenna Squier, NJIT
Dec. 3 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Maria Fux, NJIT
Nov. 26 | Player: Janesha Green, North Florida; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Nov. 19 | Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Casey Collier, Lipscomb
Nov. 12 | Player: Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jaida Bond, North Alabama
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.