ATLANTA, Ga. - North Florida, Stetson and Kennesaw State earn home wins while Jacksonville earns a road victory today in ASUN Conference Women's Basketball play. With the wins at home, Ospreys improve to 5-1, Stetson moves to 6-5 at home while the Owls are now .500 (4-4) inside the Convocation Center this season.
Today's Top ASUN Conference Performances
• Ivy Wallen, North Alabama: 24 Points (6-11 3FGs), 3 Steals
• Kenna Squire, NJIT: 21 Points (7-11 FGs), 5 Rebounds
• Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State: 19 Points (7-11 FGs), 10 Rebounds, 2 Steals
• Megan Vincent, Stetson: 18 Points (8-10 FGs), 7 Rebounds
• Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville: 18 Points (6-13 FGs), 7 Rebounds
• Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb: 18 Points (5-9 FGs; 5-5 FTs)
• Jazz Bond, North Florida: 17 Points (6-12 FGs), 6 Rebounds, 3 Blocks
• Ashtyn Baker, Liberty: 12 Points (5-13 FGs), 7 Rebounds, 4 Assists
North Florida 65, Liberty 50
- The Ospreys held the Flames to only two made shots from the field in the first quarter.
- Janesha Green (12), Tiffany Tolbert (12) and Adrienne Jackson (10) joined Bond in double figures for UNF.
- UNF outrebounded Liberty 42-33; Jackson pulled down a career-high 19 boards
Kennesaw State 59, North Alabama 56
- After trailing the entire game, the Owls took their first lead after a Poole layup with 14 seconds remaining.
- Amani Johnson also reached double digits in scoring with 16 points. She added six rebounds and three steals.
- Both teams shot 37 percent from the field but the Owls recorded 16 second-chance points to five from the Lions.
Stetson 72, NJIT 49
- Stetson snapped a five game losing streak with tonight's victory and improve to 9-0 against NJIT.
- Nine of the 11 players that stepped on the floor for the Hatter's scored at least one basket, with three reaching 15-plus points led by Megan Vincent (18).
- Kenna Squier's of NJIT tied her career-high with her 21 points tonight. Milena Bajic also recorded a 10-plus point game with 12 points.
Jacksonville 73, Lipscomb 64
- Darnell Haney earned his first win inside Allen Arena as Jacksonville improved to 22-11 all-time against the Bisons.
- Four players reached 10-plus points, led by Destiny Marshall (18). Kiara Meeks (16), Jada Perry (14) and Da'Nasia Shaw (13) joined her.
- The Dolphins spend 38:24 with the lead tonight, only trailing for 0:22 after the opening basket by Lipscomb.
Saturday, Feb. 1
Jacksonville vs. North Alabama - 1 PM (ESPN+)
North Florida vs. Kennesaw State - 1 PM (ESPN+)
Liberty vs. FGCU - 2 PM (ESPN+)
Lipscomb vs. Stetson - 1:30 PM CT (ESPN+)
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.
Tweets by ASUNWBB