ATLANTA, Ga. - North Florida's Jazz Bond, FGCU's Keri Jewett-Giles, Lipscomb's Jalyn Holcomb and North Alabama's Olivia Noah earned ASUN Women's Basketball Weekly honors, announced by the league office Tuesday. It marked the first career honor for Bond, third for both Holcomb and Noah while Jewett-Giles collected her sixth career accolade.
Women's Basketball Players of the Week
Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU
Senior | Guard | Fort Myers, Fla.
- Sixth Career ASUN Player of the Week award; 44th all-time honor for FGCU, fourth this season for the Eagles
- Averaged 22.5 points, 4.5 assists, 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 steals per game as FGCU improved to 6-0 in league play, including a win over UNA to take sole possession of first place in ASUN standings
- Opened the week with a game-high 25-point performance on the road against the Lions, including 13 straight points in the fourth quarter
- Posted a team-high 20 points in the win over Kennesaw State shooting 58.3 from the floor and 66.7 percent from distance while adding seven assists and three steals
- Helped the Eagles move to fifth in the country in steals (228) and seventh in assists (343)
Jazz Bond, North Florida
Junior | Forward | Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- First Career ASUN Player of the Week award; 12th all-time honor for North Florida, second this season
- Recorded a double-double in UNF's lone game of the week with 14 points and a game-high 12 rebounds while adding five blocks, two assists and a steal in the win over Jacksonville
- Shot .455 (5-11) from the field and .500 (3-6) from long range; hit three three-pointers for the third time this season
- Marked the second time this season she has tallied at least five blocks in a game, with a season-high six coming against Nicholls State
- The win against the Dolphins marked the first since Jan. 19, 2013, and first win on the road for the Ospreys in the River City Rumble since Feb. 25, 2012
Other Nominees: Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville; Keyen Green, Liberty; Amani Johnson, Kennesaw State; Ivy Wallen, North Alabama.
Women's Basketball Newcomer of the Week
Olivia Noah, North Alabama
Junior | Forward | Cypress, Texas
- Third Career ASUN Newcomer of the Week award; third all-time for North Alabama
- For the week, averaged 14.0 points, 3.5 rebounds and 1.0 block per game while shooting 50 percent (9-18) from the field and 45.5 percent (5-11) from downtown
- Dropped 17 points against FGCU, tied for the team-high, shooting 62.5 percent (5-8) from the field, 60 percent (3-5) from distance and was a perfect 4-4 from the line
- Followed it up with an 11-point performance against Stetson, her fifth consecutive game with 10-plus points and 10th of the season
- In her 57 minutes of play, only committed two turnovers, both coming against FGCU ranks second in the league for turnovers forced (20.81), 24th in the country
Other Nominees: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Da'Nasia Shaw, Jacksonville.
Women's Basketball Freshman of the Week
Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Freshman | Guard | Murfreesboro, Tenn.
- Third Career ASUN Freshman of the Week award; seventh all-time recognition for Lipscomb and third-most behind Kennesaw State (12) and Stetson (11)
- Averaged 16.3 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.5 steals and 2.0 assists per game while shooting 48 percent (12-25) from the field for the week
- Had 15 points in the 64-60 overtime loss at Liberty, shooting 66.7 percent (2-3) from long range
- Scored 18 points on 6-12 shooting and 6-7 from the free-throw line in the road win over NJIT while adding three boards and a team-high four steals
- In the midst of an 11-game double-digit point streak that dates back to Dec. 8; ranks seventh in scoring, both overall (14.5 PPG) and league-only (16.7 PPG)
Other Nominees: Da'Nasia Shaw, Jacksonville.
2019-20 Season Award Winners
Jan. 21 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU & Jazz Bond, North Florida; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Jan. 14 | Player: Ivy Wallen, North Alabama; Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Da'Nasia Shaw, Jacksonville
Jan. 7 | Player: Taylor Clark, Lipscomb; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Dec. 31 | Player: Davion Wingate, FGCU; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Kimia Carter, Stetson
Dec. 23 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU; Newcomer: Jaida Bond, North Alabama; Freshman: Jaida Bond, North Alabama
Dec. 17 | Player: Shakayla Nevitt, Jacksonville; Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Kimia Carter, Stetson
Dec. 10 | Player: Milena Bajic, NJIT; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Kenna Squier, NJIT
Dec. 3 | Player: Keri Jewett-Giles, FGCU; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Maria Fux, NJIT
Nov. 26 | Player: Janesha Green, North Florida; Newcomer: Ashli O'Neal, FGCU; Freshman: Jalyn Holcomb, Lipscomb
Nov. 19 | Newcomer: Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville; Freshman: Casey Collier, Lipscomb
Nov. 12 | Player: Alexis Poole, Kennesaw State; Newcomer: Olivia Noah, North Alabama; Freshman: Jaida Bond, North Alabama
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.