ATLANTA, Ga. - Three ASUN Conference Women's Basketball teams earned non-conference victories in Tuesday's action as FGCU extended its home winning streak to 16 games while Jacksonville and North Alabama came away with road wins.
The Eagles dominated on their home court as they downed Central Conn. St. 94-60 at Alico Arena. The Dolphins cruised to an 88-54 victory or Florida A&M in Tallahassee while the Lions earned their seventh win of the season by defeating Alabama State 81-60.
Today's Top ASUN Conference Performances
Kenysha Coulson, North Alabama: 20 Points (8-11 FGs), 10 Rebounds, 5 Assists
Destiny Marshall, Jacksonville: 24 Points, 7 Rebounds, 3 Assists
Nasrin Ulel, FGCU: 23 Points (9-15 FGs), 4 Assists
What You Need to Know from Today's Wins
FGCU 94, Central Conn. St. 60
- Four players record double figures in scoring: Nasrin Ulel (23), Davion Wingate (15), Keri Jewett-Giles (14), Kerstie Phills (14).
- FGCU held Central Conn. St. to 38.2 percent shooting from the field in the game and 16.7 percent from three-point range.
- With the win, the Eagles extend their home winning streak to 16 games; dates back to December 21, 2018.
Jacksonville 88, Florida A&M 54
- Destiny Marshall (24) and Shakayla Nevitt (22) combined for 46 points in the Dolphins win. Erin Wilson recorded 12 points.
- Jacksonville won the rebounding battle against Florida A&M 64-33. Jada Perry led JAX with 11 boards in the contest.
- The Dolphins defense helped the squad get off to a great start by holding the Rattlers to 20 percent shooting in the first half.
North Alabama 81, Alabama State 60
- UNA had five players reach double-digits in today's contest. Kenysha Coulson led the way with 20 points and added 10 rebounds for her first double-double of the season.
- The other four to reach double figures were Emma Wallen (17), Jaida Bond (15), Brittany Panetti (14) and Ansley Eubank (10).
- The Lions, who entered the contest leading the ASUN in FG percentage, shot 57.7 percent from the field and scored 46 points in the paint.
Wednesday, Dec. 18
North Florida at No. 8 Florida State - 7 PM ET
Liberty at St. Francis (Pa.) - 7 PM ET (NEC Front Row)
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.