ATLANTA, Ga. - FGCU's O'Vonte Mullings was named the ASUN Conference Men's Soccer Player of the Week for the second-consecutive week, while North Florida's LJ Estes collected the Defensive Player of the Week award, announced Monday by the conference office. Mullings and Estes both led their respective squads to conference wins and berths into the upcoming ASUN Championship.
Men's Soccer Player of the Week
O'Vonte Mullings, FGCU
Sophomore | Forward | Toronto, Ontario
- Third Career ASUN Player of the Week honor; third of the season for FGCU and second-straight for Mullings
- Tallied both FGCU goals in a 2-0 road win at Liberty
- The win clinched a berth in the ASUN Championship for the Eagles
- His game-winner gives him two against league opponents this season which ranks first in the conference
- Eagles are one of three teams currently in first place in the ASUN standings
Other Nominees: Rene White, NJIT; Landen Haig, North Florida.
Men's Soccer Defensive Player of the Week
LJ Estes, North Florida
Junior | Defender | Pensacola, Fla.
- First Career ASUN Defensive Player of the Week award; third of the season for North Florida
- Anchored an Osprey backline that allowed just four shots on goal to first place Stetson
- Helped UNF clinch an ASUN Championship berth with the 2-1 win over the previously undefeated Hatters
- Stopped several one-on-one attempts by Stetson attackers while winning a majority of his aerial challenges
- An integral part of the North Florida defensive unit that ranks second in GAA in the ASUN (1.05)
Other Nominees: Connor Gavigan, FGCU; Joao Costa, NJIT.
2019 Season Award Winners
Oct. 21st | Player: O'Vonte Mullings, FGCU; Defensive Player: LJ Estes, North Florida
Oct. 14th | Player: O'Vonte Mullings, FGCU; Defensive Player: Samuel Reisgys, NJIT
Oct. 7th | Player: Rene White, NJIT; Defensive Player: Adam Everett, North Florida
Sept. 30th | Player: Thomas Radon, NJIT; Defensive Player: Padraic Gilley, North Florida
Sept. 23rd | Player: Torian Went, North Florida; Defensive Player: Ian McCauley, Stetson
Sept. 16th | Players: Connar Lufkin, Jacksonville/Rene White, NJIT; Defensive Player: Samuel Reisgys, NJIT
Sept. 9th | Player: Rene White, NJIT; Defensive Players: Noah Gulden, Lipscomb/Samuel Reisgys, NJIT
Sept. 3rd | Player: Ryan Medilah, FGCU; Defensive Player: Lute Lillo-Portero, Stetson
ABOUT THE ASUN
The ASUN Conference is an NCAA Division I league with nine member institutions committed to Building Winners for Life. The ASUN meets the challenge of maintaining the highest standards in academic and athletic achievement through a true balance between student and athlete. Six ASUN schools reside in Nielsen Top 50 national media markets, and all nine are in top 80 markets. The ASUN includes a blend of the most prestigious and dynamic private and public institutions in the region: Florida Gulf Coast University, Jacksonville University, Kennesaw State University, Liberty University, Lipscomb University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, University of North Alabama, University of North Florida and Stetson University. Bellarmine University in Louisville, Ky., joins the ASUN for the 2020-21 academic year.