ATLANTA, Ga. -- ASUN Conference Men's Soccer action rolls into week three with a Top-25 matchup between No. 14 FGCU and No. 22 Cal State Fullerton highlighting the slate. The Eagles and Titans played to a 1-1 double-overtime draw last season in Fort Myers.
A pair of ASUN squads -- FGCU & NJIT -- enter the weekend as two of 43 teams in the NCAA undefeated thus far in 2019. In total, 11 matches will be broadcast live via webstreaming with five being broadcast on ESPN+.
Next Two Matches: at UC Riverside (9/13; 5 PM PT) | at #22 Cal State Fullerton (9/15; 5 PM PT - BigWest.TV)
Last Two Matches: W, 5-1 vs. Georgia Southern | W, 1-0 vs. Seton Hall
- With its wins over Seton Hall and Georgia Southern, FGCU climbed to No. 14 in a pair of national polls -- TopDrawerSoccer.com and United Soccer Coaches -- and remain the top team in the Atlantic Region.
- The Eagles face UC Riverside and Cal State Fullerton both for the second time in school history. The two schools have a combined 7-1-0 record thus far this season and a Top 25 matchup takes place Sunday with the Eagles and No. 22 Titans.
- Ryan Medilah is 14th nationally in shots on goal per game (2.00) while as a team, FGCU is eighth in goals (11), 14th in points (29) and 18th in points per game (7.25).
Next Two Matches: vs. Presbyterian (9/14; 6 PM - ESPN+) | at Mercer (9/17; 7 PM - SoCon Digital Network)
Last Two Matches: L, 2-1 at FAU | T, 3-3 (2OT) vs. FIU
- Statistically, the Dolphins are fourth in the nation for saves per game (7.00) while goalkeeper Matt Levy is 12th in total saves (21). Levy's 21 saves are also tops in the ASUN.
- Jacksonville's Jake Johnson is tied for first in the league with two assists while Jesus Colombo is tied for third with a pair of goals.
- The contest against Presbyterian is the third home match out of four total contest played this season.
Next Two Matches: at George Mason (9/14; 7 PM - ESPN+) | vs. VMI (9/17; 7 PM)
Last Two Matches: L, 3-0 vs. George Washington | L, 3-0 at Pittsburgh
- This will be the seventh all-time meeting between Liberty and George Mason and the first since 2005, while the Flames hold a 22-2-2 all-time mark against VMI.
- Liberty netminder Brogan Engbers has 13 total saves on the year which ranks fourth in the ASUN. He is tied for fourth in goals against (5) and fifth in save percentage (.722).
- The Flames have been held scoreless in the month of September and look to get back on track against its second consecutive A-10 opponent in George Mason.
Next Two Matches: vs. USF (9/13; 7 PM CT - YouTube) | vs. Jacksonville (9/21; 7 PM CT)
Last Two Matches: T, 1-1 (2OT) vs. Evansville | W, 3-0 at ETSU
- Lipscomb's four-match home streak continues this weekend with USF in town. The Bulls (2-1-0) are coming off a 2-0 shutout against No. 5 Louisville and have also downed Marquette this season with its lone loss being to No. 1 Maryland.
- Bisons goalkeeper Michael Sibley is first in the ASUN for GAA (0.45), goals against (1) and save percentage (.889).
- The five goals scored by Lipscomb this season have all come from different players while Javier Leija leads the way with two assists.
Next Two Matches: at Radford (9/14; 3:30 PM - ESPN+) | at Fairleigh Dickinson (9/17; 7 PM - NEC FrontRow)
Last Two Matches: T, 1-1 (2OT) vs. Drexel | W, 1-0 (OT) at VCU
- The Highlanders remain one-of-43 NCAA squads undefeated on the year. Of NJIT's four matches this season, three have gone to overtime as the Highlanders own a 1-0-2 mark in those contests.
- NJIT meets Radford for the first time in program history while the Highlanders and Knights have had seven previous meetings.
- Rene White leads a potent NJIT offensive that has scored 11 goals in four matches. Nationally, White is eighth in total goals (4) and 13th in total points (9).
North Florida (1-1-0)
Next Two Matches: vs. Georgia Southern (9/13; 7 PM - SWOOPLife Live) | at FIU (9/17; 7 PM - Panther Vision)
Last Two Matches: L, 2-0 at Georgia State | W, 1-0 vs. USC Upstate
- Entering its home contest against Georgia Southern, North Florida is 17-12-2 the last five seasons at Hodges Stadium.
- In two games, senior Jake Hawker leads the team with nine shots including three on target. His 4.5 shots per game average rank ninth nationally.
- The Ospreys' first nine matches this season take place in either the States of Florida or Georgia with seven of those being in Florida.
Next Two Matches: at Winthrop (9/13; 7 PM - ESPN+) | at USC Upstate (9/15; 2 PM - ESPN+)
Last Two Matches: L, 2-0 vs. Penn State | L, 2-0 vs. UTRGV
- Stetson faces Winthrop for the seventh time in program history as the Hatters are looking to avoid being shut out in three straight matches for the first time since 2015.
- The Hatters and Spartans square off for the 13th time in history with Stetson leading the all-time series 8-1-3.
- Gabriel Diniz leads the team with two assists this season while three different Hatters have tallied goals on the year.