DELAND, Fla. - The ASUN Conference awarded the 2019 ASUN Baseball Scholar-Athlete of the Year award to North Florida's Tanner Murphy, announced Tuesday by the conference office at the ASUN Baseball Championship banquet. Murphy is joined by 12 other student-athletes on the All-Academic Team, as voted on by the league's academic advisors and sports information directors.
Murphy, a junior from St. Augustine, Fla., was one of the top players in the ASUN this season, as he was a First Team All-Conference selection for the second-straight season. Murphy led the ASUN in stolen bases and ranked in the top 10 in hits, runs, doubles, home runs and fielding percentage. In the classroom, he carries a 3.9 GPA as a Finance major. This marks Murphy's second-straight appearance on the ASUN All-Academic Team and the first UNF player to win the honor.
The All-Academic Team recognizes student-athletes who excel both on the field and in the classroom and exemplify the ASUN's mission of Building Winners for Life. All the members of the team boast a 3.30 cumulative grade point average or better and participated in at least half of their team's games.
ASUN CONFERENCE BASEBALL ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
- ^Tanner Murphy, North Florida (Junior | 3.96 | Finance)
- Kohl Gilmore, FGCU (Junior | 3.64 | Communications)
- Keith Stevens, FGCU (Junior | 3.68 | Economics)
- %Angel Camacho, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.58 | MBA)
- Reagan Wright, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.81 | MBA)
- Monty Horn, Kennesaw State (Sophomore | 4.00 | Finance)
- Jonathan Embry, Liberty (Junior | 3.58 | Aviation)
- Sean Lubreski, NJIT (Senior | 4.00 | Communications)
- David Marcano, NJIT (Sophomore | 3.67 | Mechanical Engineering)
- Bryant Claunch, North Alabama (Junior | 3.64 | Exercise Science)
- Josh Stillman, North Alabama (Senior | 3.93 | Business Adminstration)
- Chris Gonzalez, Stetson (Sophomore | 3.86 | Finance)
- ^Andrew MacNeil, Stetson (Junior | 4.00 | Biology)
* - Denotes a unanimous selection to the All-Academic Team
^ - Denotes two-time All-Academic selection
% - Denotes three-time All-Academic selection