ATLANTA, Ga. – The calendar has flipped to March and ASUN Conference Baseball teams are preparing for the first full month of play with more exciting non-conference matchups coming up. Included in the upcoming slate this weekend are matchups with mid-major powers such as Xavier, UT Martin and UCF while Tennessee represents the one "Power 5" team as North Florida faces them in a neutral-site matchup.
Throughout non-conference action this year, you can catch ASUN Conference Baseball online through Facebook Live, Hatter Vision and the ESPN family of networks. Be sure to check each team's listings to find the latest information on online streaming.
ASUN Baseball Weekend Schedule
Friday, Mar. 1st
Liberty vs. Maine - 3 PM
Kennesaw State vs. UT Martin - 4 PM (Facebook Live)
Lipscomb vs. Xavier - 4 PM CT (Facebook Live)
North Alabama at The Citadel - 5 PM CT
Jacksonville at UCF - 6 PM
FGCU vs. Siena - 6:30 PM (Facebook Live)
Stetson vs. Saint Louis - 7 PM (Hatter Vision)
North Florida vs. Western Kentucky - 7 PM
Saturday, Mar. 2nd
NJIT at Morehead State - 1 PM / 4 PM (ESPN+)
FGCU vs. Siena - 1 PM / 4 PM (Facebook Live)
Kennesaw State vs. UT Martin - 1 PM / 4:30 PM
Liberty vs. Maine - 2 PM (ESPN+)
North Alabama at Citadel - 2 PM CT
Lipscomb vs. Xavier - 2 PM CT (Facebook Live)
North Florida vs. Tennessee - 4 PM
Jacksonville at UCF - 6 PM
Stetson vs. Georgetown - 7 PM (Hatter Vision)
Sunday, Mar. 3rd
NJIT at Morehead State - 1 PM (ESPN+)
Jacksonville at UCF - 1 PM
North Alabama at Citadel - 12 PM CT
Liberty vs. Maine - 2 PM (ESPN+)
Lipscomb vs. Xavier - 1 PM CT (Facebook Live)
North Florida vs. ULM - 3 PM
Stetson vs. Sacred Heart - 3 PM (Hatter Vision)
FGCU Eagles (6-2; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Siena (2/28 - 3/2); at Florida (3/5 - 3/6)
- FGCU's .326 team batting average ranks first in the ASUN. The Eagles are one of only two teams to be hitting .300 or better collectively, joined by North Florida (.305).
- Catcher Alex Brait has been dominant behind the plate thus far. The backstop ranks fifth in the ASUN with 58 putouts while catching both runners attempting to steal on him.
- FGCU looks for its second-straight series sweep with Siena in town. The Eagles took the first game of the four-game set 8-0 on Thursday night.
Jacksonville Dolphins (3-4, 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: at UCF (3/1 - 3/3); at Bethune-Cookman (3/6, 3 PM)
- Angel Camacho continues to lead the ASUN with a .538 batting average. The senior first baseman has collected 14 hits in his first 26 ABs this season.
- Jacksonville pitchers have totaled the second-most strikeouts as a staff in the ASUN with 72. The Dolphins place just behind Liberty who has 74 total strikeouts.
- The Dolphins hit the road for the first time this year with a three-game series at UCF. All-time vs. the Knights, Jacksonville has taken 34 victories.
Kennesaw State Owls (4-3; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. UT Martin (3/1 - 3/2); vs. Georgia Tech (3/5, 5 PM); at Georgia Tech (3/6, 6 PM)
- Kennesaw State's pitching staff is tied with FGCU for the fewest home runs allowed in the league, allowing two thus far. Each staff are the only to give up less than four home runs.
- Garrett Hodges elevated himself into a tie for fourth on the ASUN home run leader board with his multi-homer effort against Towson. Hodges sent out two dingers, totaling five RBIs.
- The Owls play a home-and-home series with Georgia Tech in upcoming midweek action. All-time vs. the Yellow Jackets, Kennesaw State has claimed six victories.
Liberty Flames (5-3; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Maine (3/1 - 3/3); vs. Virginia Tech (3/5, 3:30 PM)
- The Flames face Maine for a three-game set at home after a short trip to Knoxville. This marks the first meeting with the Black Bears since 1987, a Liberty win.
- Liberty's pitching staff leads the ASUN with 74 strikeouts. Sophomore Noah Skirrow's 20 strikeouts also lead the ASUN for the individual rankings.
- Virginia Tech marks the fourth Power 5 opponent for the Flames thus far. The Hokies are the second from the ACC, joining Wake Forest whom Liberty defeated.
Lipscomb Bisons (4-2, 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Xavier (3/1 - 3/3); at Austin Peay (3/5, 4 PM CT)
- The Bisons sit tied with FGCU for the most sacrifice flies as a team. The Bisons have hit into a sacrifice fly seven times thus far in six contests.
- Freshman Tyler Guilfoil claimed his first ASUN Pitcher of the Week after playing a key role in two victories. He won his first career start while notching his first save during a weekend set as well.
- Lipscomb is tied for the fewest errors as a team after the second round of midweek action. The Bisons join Jacksonville with only six errors thus far.
NJIT Highlanders (5-0-1; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: at Morehead State (3/2 - 3/3); at Seton Hall (3/5, 4 PM)
- NJIT's 5-0-1 record has them among 12 teams in the country that remain undefeated. The Highlanders are joined by one other mid-major team in UMass who sits at 1-0.
- NJIT pitchers have given up the fewest base on balls thus far with 22 as a staff. Jacksonville's 23 as a staff mark the only other team who has allowed under 25 walks so far.
- Paul Franzoni and Julio Marcano have combined to score 21 runs for the Highlanders. FGCU is the only other team with two players to each score double-digit runs this season.
North Alabama Lions (2-6; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: at Citadel (3/1 - 3/3); at Troy (3/8 - 3/10)
- Both of North Alabama's wins have come in Jacksonville, Ala. this season. The Lions defeated Jacksonville State on the road and then UT Martin in a game moved due to inclement weather.
- The Lions have hit into the fewest double plays in the ASUN, hitting into just two twin-killings on the bases thus far. Six ASUN teams have hit into at least five double plays already.
- Senior Davis Elliott is tied for fourth in the conference with four extra-base hits. The middle infielder has collected a pair of home runs and doubles each.
North Florida Ospreys (7-3; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Western Kentucky (3/1, 7 PM); vs. Tennessee (3/2, 4 PM); vs. ULM (3/3, 4 PM)
- North Florida embarks to Pensacola, Fla. to take part in the Cox Diamond Invitational for three games this weekend vs. Western Kentucky, Tennessee & UL-Monroe
- Tanner Murphy garnered his first career ASUN Player of the Week honor after posting a five-game hitting streak for the Ospreys. Part of that was belting a homer in a road win at #3 Florida.
- The Ospreys have totaled the most extra-base hits of any team in the ASUN. UNF has gone for extra bases 26 times this season, two ahead of second place FGCU.
Stetson Hatters (1-6; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Saint Louis (3/1, 7 PM); vs. Georgetown (3/2, 7 PM); vs. Sacred Heart (3/3, 3 PM)
- Stetson continues a lengthy home stand to begin the season with the Westin Lake Mary Stetson Invitational. The Hatters will face Saint Louis, Georgetown and Sacred Heart.
- The Hatters are one of three teams with double digit steals thus far. As a team, Stetson has swiped 12 bags, placing second in the league behind Kennesaw State's 16.
- Jacob Koos and Austin Bogart each have four steals this season, second among all ASUN players. The two Hatters are the only pair of teammates in the top five of the steal rankings.