ATLANTA, Ga. – After rounds of inclement weather delayed or canceled many contests during the midweek portion of the ASUN Conference Baseball schedule, all nine teams are ready to get back onto the diamond and improve on hot starts or shake off disappointing opening weekends.
ASUN Baseball Weekend Schedule
Friday, Feb. 22nd
Liberty vs. Delaware - 3 PM
Kennesaw State vs. Towson - 4 PM (Facebook Live)
Lipscomb vs. Northern Illinois - 4 PM CT (Facebook Live)
North Florida vs. Fordham - 6 PM (Facebook Live)
Jacksonville vs. Jacksonville State - 6 PM (Facebook Live)
FGCU vs. Bethune-Cookman - 6:30 PM (Facebook Live)
Saturday, Feb. 23rd
FGCU vs. LIU Brooklyn - 11 AM (Facebook Live)
North Florida vs. Fordham - 1 PM / 4:30 PM (Facebook Live)
NJIT vs. Norfolk State - 1 PM / 4 PM
Liberty vs. Delaware - 2 PM
Kennesaw State vs. Towson - 2 PM (Facebook Live)
Jacksonville vs. Jacksonville State - 3 PM (Facebook Live)
Lipscomb vs. Bradley - 2 PM CT (Facebook Live)
North Alabama vs. UT Martin - 5 PM CT
Stetson vs. Siena - 6:30 PM (Hatter Vision)
Sunday, Feb. 24th
NJIT vs. Norfolk State - 12 PM
Kennesaw State vs. Towson - 1 PM (Facebook Live)
Jacksonville vs. Jacksonville State - 1 PM (Facebook Live)
North Florida vs. Fordham- 1 PM (Facebook Live)
FGCU vs. LIU Brooklyn - 1 PM (Facebook Live)
Stetson vs. Siena - 1:30 PM (Hatter Vision)
North Alabama vs. UT Martin - 12 PM CT / 3:30 PM CT
Liberty vs. Delaware - 2 PM
Lipscomb vs. Western Michigan - 1 PM CT (Facebook Live)
FGCU Eagles (2-2; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. LIU Brooklyn (2/22 - 2/24); vs. Siena (2/28 - 3/2)
- FGCU holds the top scoring offense in the league thus far, averaging 9.5 runs per game after decimating Bethune-Cookman's pitching to the tune of 38 runs in an opening weekend series.
- Senior third baseman Jay Hayes was the dominant force in the Eagle lineup, slugging three home runs while driving in nine RBIs to lead the ASUN after opening weekend.
- The Eagles look to win their second series of the season with a three-game set vs. LIU Brooklyn. This marks the first-ever meeting between the two clubs.
Jacksonville Dolphins (0-3, 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Jacksonville State (2/22 - 2/24); vs. #3 Florida (2/26)
- Angel Camacho leads the ASUN with a .909 batting average through three games. The senior first baseman has totaled 10 hits in 11 ABs with back-to-back 4-4 days at the plate.
- Jacksonville pitchers have allowed the fewest free passes in the league so far. The Dolphins' staff has walked only 10 batters in three games while striking out 30.
- The Dolphins hold an all-time 17-2 lead vs. Jacksonville State in the series. Against Florida, the Dolphins have won 33 times including an 8-4 victory last year when the Gators were ranked #1.
Kennesaw State Owls (2-1; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Towson (2/22 - 2/24); at #9 Georgia (2/27)
- The Owls continue a home stand to open the season with their first three-game series of the year vs. Towson. KSU beat West Virginia and Illinois-Chicago to open the season.
- Kennesaw State is third in team OBP in the early part of the season with a .405 mark. That ranks just behind NJIT (.415) and FGCU (.416).
- Towson represents a new foe for the Owls while the team will be playing Georgia for the 25th time, holding nine wins in the series to this date with the last coming in 2017 in Athens.
Liberty Flames (2-2; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Delaware (2/22 - 2/24); at Tennessee (2/26)
- The Flames opened the season with a win against South Carolina on opening day and then vs. #20 Wake Forest in the home opener, the first home-opening win vs. a Power 5 foe since 2017.
- Liberty's pitching staff leads the ASUN with 41 strikeouts. Sophomore Noah Skirrow leads the Flames with nine punchouts, all coming at South Carolina.
- Delaware comes to Lynchburg as the two sides meet for the time since 1997. The Flames hold an 0-2 mark vs. the Blue Hens all-time.
Lipscomb Bisons (3-1, 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Northern Illinois (2/22); vs. Bradley (2/23); vs. Western Michigan (2/24)
- The Bisons sit tied for the most wins in the ASUN through four games. It is the first 3-1 start for the Bisons since 2017 when they team began 4-1 on the year.
- Starter Chris Kachmar became the first ASUN pitcher to reach two victories. In his two starts this year, the senior has pitched 11 total innings while striking out 12 hitters.
- Lipscomb leads the ASUN with 10 stolen bases on the year, the only team to reach double digits. The Bisons rank 22nd in the country with those 10 bases swiped.
NJIT Highlanders (3-0-1; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: at Norfolk State (2/23 - 2/24); at Morehead State (3/2 - 3/3)
- NJIT's 3-0-1 start marks the best ever as a Division I program. The Highlanders took three-straight wins vs. Eastern Michigan before tying 9-9 in the fourth game of the opening series.
- Catcher Paul Franzoni was honored as ASUN Player of the Week after hitting three home runs last weekend including a walk-off shot for NJIT's first opening day win since 2012.
- The Highlanders' seven home runs lead all ASUN teams and rank tied for fourth in the country with Arizona and McNeese State. New Mexico State leads the country with 13 long balls thus far.
North Alabama Lions (1-2; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. UT Martin (2/23 - 2/24); at Alabama (2/26 - 2/27)
- North Alabama picked up its first win as a Division I program with a 2-1 victory vs. Jacksonville State in the second game of a doubleheader. The Lions struck out 11 Gamecocks in that contest.
- The Lions have hit into the fewest double plays in the ASUN, hitting into just one twin-killing on the bases thus far. Six ASUN teams have hit into at least three double plays already.
- Senior Davis Elliott had arguably the best weekend of any UNA player to open the D-I era, hitting a pair of homers while driving in five runs. Both home runs came in the second game of the JSU series.
North Florida Ospreys (3-1; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Fordham (2/22 - 2/24); vs. Florida Atlantic (2/26 - 2/27)
- North Florida's three victories have all come vs. SEC opponents this season including twice vs. Missouri and then on the road vs. #3 Florida.
- Starter Max McKinley was named ASUN Pitcher of the Week after going seven innings in his debut for UNF, holding Missouri to two runs while striking out eight in the victory.
- Wesley Weeks ranks second among all players in the ASUN with a .556 average through four games. The outfielder has collected 10 hits in 18 at-bats.
Stetson Hatters (0-4; 0-0)
Upcoming Opponents: vs. Siena (2/23 - 2/26)
- Austin Bogart leads the league with three stolen bases in four games. As a team, Stetson is tied for the second-most in the conference with five overall.
- Sophomore right-hander Zemp Schwab took the mound for two innings vs. UCF, holding the Golden Knights scoreless while striking out four hitters in the road contest.
- The Hatters look to pick up their first win of the season vs. Siena in a four-game set at home. Stetson leads the all-time series 41-4, winning the last meeting in 2017.