ATLANTA, Ga. – In celebration of the 26th annual NCAA National Student-Athlete Day, the ASUN Conference is highlighting senior student-athletes from all nine of its member institutions. These individuals have left an incredible impact on their campuses through their hardwork in competition, training, the classroom and in all aspects of collegiate athletics.
The seniors selected by North Florida were Arianna Emanuel-Wright (Women's Basketball) and Wes Weeks (Baseball).
Arianna Emanuel-Wright, Women's Basketball
Q1: How do you feel you have most impacted your college campus during your time there?
- I feel as though I have impacted my college campus by making history. I was the first student-athlete to receive an academic award from the ASUN for women’s basketball and that truly is special. Not only did I focus on the court, but off the court as well by getting good grades.
Q2: What has been your favorite moment during your time on campus?
- My favorite moment on campus is having the opportunity to watch the sorority new member presentations. I personally never wanted to be in a sorority, (especially since I didn’t have much time considering being an athlete) but it was interesting to watch. I feel as though the shows were impactful to my experience as an African-American college student.
Q3: What other individuals have helped you along the way in college whether it be teammates, coaches, professors or others?
- Two professors were really helpful during my time here at UNF. Mr. Alan Crutchfield was a graduate student who helped me realize that graduate school requires extensive preparation even when you are in your undergraduate studies. Without him, I wouldn’t have been involved in the two research studies that I am in now. Also, Dr. John Oliver showed me that there is another side of me that I didn’t even know I had. His Introduction to Counseling class allowed me to gain a new perspective about what route to take in life and that I must know myself first well before helping other people in need.
Q4: How have you grown during your time on campus?
- I have grown by meeting different types of people and accepting the differences between me and them. I have come to accept that everyone has their own way of thinking, and no one can change that.
Wes Weeks, Baseball
Redshirt Senior - Green Cove Springs, Fla. - Outfield - Sport Management Major
- An integral piece of North Florida's Baseball program over the past three seasons, Weeks came to UNF's campus after spending two seasons at St. Johns River State College. The younger brother of former Osprey Drew Weeks, Wes has appeared in 96 contests during his time as an Osprey with starts in 93 of those games. A career .291 hitter at UNF, Weeks has accumulated 99 hits to go along with 44 RBIs, 58 Runs & 25 Stolen Bases.
An injury kept Weeks out of the majority of last season, however he has returned to helped North Florida capture 18 victories thus far including triumphs against Missouri, No. 3 Florida, USF & FAU, while picking up series wins against FGCU and Jacksonville. He is nearing season career-highs in Runs, Hits, Homers & RBIs in only 34 games this year.
July 30, 2019 @ASUNBaseball Standouts Participating in Summer Leagues
May 24, 2019 @ASUNBSB Championship Schedule Adjustments
May 14, 2019 Foggo & Koos Lead Stetson toSeason Sweep of FIU
May 12, 2019 Liberty Stifles Lipscomb for 11-0 Senior Day Victory
April 26, 2019 Long Ball Powers FGCU Past North Alabama
April 26, 2019 Lipscomb Picks Up Series Opening Win Against Stetson
April 23, 2019 Owls Survive 12-10 Slugfest Versus Georgia State
April 16, 2019 Lipscomb Takes A High Scoring Affair Against MTSU
April 13, 2019 Double Header Splits Highlight Saturday @ASUNBSB Play
April 9, 2019 Hatters Offense Erupts in 10-3 Win Over Bethune-Cookman
April 7, 2019 Sunday Rubber Matches Decide @ASUNBSB Weekend Series
April 2, 2019 Bisons Battle Back In The Ninth To Walk Off Austin Peay
March 20, 2019 Lipscomb Beats MTSU 8-6 in Extras
March 19, 2019 Liberty Shuts Out No. 8 North Carolina 2-0
March 19, 2019 KSU's Offense Propels Owls Over Binghamton
March 19, 2019 Opportune Ospreys Tame Bulls, 7-2
March 16, 2019 Kinker Walks Off Rutgers in The 11th Inning
March 16, 2019 Liberty Muscles Past Hofstra 9-1
March 16, 2019 Bisons Bounce Back with Big Win Over Ohio State
March 16, 2019 Liberty Blanks Hofstra To Take Series
March 15, 2019 Owls Blank UMASS To Win Third-Straight
March 13, 2019 @ASUNBSB Goes Perfect on Tuesday Night; Grabs Seven Wins
March 11, 2019 FGCU's Kinker and Lumbert Sweep @ASUNBSB Weekly Honors
March 4, 2019 Prather & Love Garner #ASUNBSB Weekly Honors
February 28, 2019 Eagles Blank Siena in Series Opener
February 25, 2019 Guilfoil and Murphy Collect First Career @ASUNBSB Weekly Honors
February 23, 2019 Five Wins Added to @ASUNBSB Tally; Three Squads Clinch Series Wins
February 22, 2019 @ASUNBSB's Nine Squads Ready For Second Weekend of Play
February 22, 2019 @ASUNBSB Teams Post Perfect 4-0 Friday Night; JU & UNF Post Walk-Off W's
February 19, 2019 Lipscomb Takes Pitching Duel vs. Western Kentucky, 3-1
February 19, 2019 Liberty Downs No. 20 Wake Forest in Home Opener
February 18, 2019 NJIT's Frazoni & UNF's McKinley Claim First @ASUNBSB Weekly Awards
February 17, 2019 FGCU, NJIT & UNF Claim Series Victores; Ospreys Down Visiting Missouri
February 15, 2019 ASUN Beam Report : ASUN Baseball Opening Day
February 15, 2019 Five Teams Claim Opening Day Wins; KSU, Liberty, UNF Topple Power 5 Foes
February 14, 2019 First Pitch of 41st @ASUNBSB Season Set For Friday Afternoon
February 13, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: Stetson Hatters
February 12, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: Jacksonville Dolphins
February 11, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: Liberty Flames
February 8, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: FGCU Eagles
February 8, 2019 Stetson's Mitchell Senger Named to Golden Spikes Watch List
February 7, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: Kennesaw State Owls
February 6, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: North Florida Ospreys
February 5, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: Lipscomb Bisons
February 4, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: North Alabama Lions
February 1, 2019 2019 @ASUNBSB Season Preview: NJIT Highlanders
January 21, 2019 @ASUNBSB Facebook Fan Vote Now Open
November 14, 2018 Stetson Alum Jacob deGrom Claims 2018 NL Cy Young Award
October 22, 2018 FGCU Alum, Chrs Sale, to Start Game One of 2018 World Series
October 11, 2018 Flames Baseball Spends Fall Break in the Dominican Republic
October 2, 2018 Seven Former @ASUNBSB Stars Set For Postseason Action