LakePoint, Ga. - The ASUN Conference awarded the 2018 ASUN Lacrosse Scholar-Athlete of the Year honor to Old Dominion's Cydney Tutchton as she becomes the first Monarch to win the award, the league office announced at its annual awards banquet on Wednesday. Tutchton is joined by 11 other lacrosse student-athletes on this year's All-Academic Team.
The senior midfielder from Marietta, Ga. has been a stellar player for her entire career with the Monarchs. This season, she has recorded 31 points on 24 goals and seven assists. She has taken 55 total shots, while also earning 24 draw controls in 2018. Six of her 24 goals came in conference play this year, while she finished the season with a 70.9 shot-on-goal percentage.
In the classroom, Tutchton has been perfect her entire Old Dominion career. She owns a perfect 4.00 GPA as a Biology major and has been a 4.0 student ever since she stepped onto campus. She has earned the ODU Outstanding Biology Student of the Year honor, while also being named her school's Scholar-Athlete of the Year. This marks her third selection to the ASUN All-Academic Team, and her first ASUN Scholar-Athlete of the Year accolade.
The All-Academic Team recognizes student-athletes who excel both on the field and in the classroom and exemplify the ASUN's mission of Building Winners for Life. All the members of the team boast a 3.30 cumulative grade point average or better and participated in at least half of their team's games.
ASUN LACROSSE ALL-ACADEMIC TEAM
- %* Cydney Tutchton, Old Dominion (Senior | 4.00 | Biology)
- * Madeline Bromley, Coastal Carolina (Junior | 3.96 | Communications)
- * Haley Kyger, Coastal Carolina (Junior | 3.88 | Management)
- * Bailey Busscher, Stetson (Sophomore | 4.00 | Finance)
- * Maddie Holvey, Stetson (Senior | 3.87 | Accounting)
- # Haley Alexander, Coastal Carolina (Junior | 3.67 | Biology)
- Emily D'Orsaneo, Coastal Carolina (Sophomore | 3.87 | Biology)
- Haley Wells, Coastal Carolina (Sophomore | 3.85 | Marine Science)
- Ashtyn Hiron, Jacksonville (Senior | 3.61 | Communications)
- Emily Hallberg, Kennesaw State (Senior | 3.68 | Nursing)
- # Kerri Caruso, Old Dominion (Junior | 3.58 | Mechanical Engineering)
- Rachel Valocchi, Stetson (Senior | 3.92 | Psychology)
* - Denotes unanimous selection
# - Denotes a two-time All-Academic Team selection
%- Denotes a three-time All-Academic Team selection