MACON, Ga. - The 2014 Atlantic Sun Men's Lacrosse Championship Final is set as High Point takes on Richmond Saturday at 1 p.m. The winner will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
The No. 2 seeded Panthers defeated Jacksonville 12-11 in the opening semifinal on Thursday. Dan Lomas scored three goals, his sixth hat trick of the season, to lead High Point's attack. Defensive Player of the Year Austin Geisler collected 13 saves in the victory, as the Panthers withstood a late rally by the Dolphins.
No. 4 Richmond scored a season-high 14 goals as they defeated the No. 1 seeded Mercer Bears on their home field Thursday night. Alex Hatem and Mitch Goldberg led the offense scoring seven of the 14 goals. The Spiders took control of the game with a 7-0 scoring run, and never allowed Mercer back into the game.
Opening face-off is set for 1 p.m. Fans can watch for FREE using the ASun.TV link, or join in the conversation on Social Media using #ASunMLax hashtag.
|2014 Atlantic Sun Men's Lacrosse Championship Final|
|#2 High Point||#ASunMLax Final Breakdown||
|High Point vs. Richmond | 1:00 p.m. | ASun.TV
• Regular Season Meeting: High Point defeated Richmond 11-7
• High Point outscored Richmond 7-0 in the fourth quarter
• Dan Lomas and Michael LeClair both scored hat tricks
• Panther face-off specialist Jamie Piluso won 20-22 in this game
• Richmond's Mitch Goldberg led team with two goals
|@HPUMensLax | Watch on ASun.TV | Live Stats | @RichmondMLax|
|• Richmond's defense only allowed season-low six goals in semis
• High Point scored three man-up goals in semifinal, new season-high
• Jamie Piluso led the league in face-off percentage at 66.7%
• Richmond averaged 23 shots on goal during conference play, they had 33 in semifinal
• Panther defender Pat Farrell leads team with 16 caused turnovers
• Richmond's defense features three players with 20 or more caused turnovers
• High Point collected 35 ground balls in semifinal win
• Both teams had eight different goal scorers in their semifinal victories